Tuesday, December 19, 2017

JOY TO THE WORLD


Greetings Junkies!!! 

Only six days until Christmas and I hope you're all saving some special time for yourselves to enjoy it with people you love.  Some of my favorite Christmas memories are of midnight service at our church.  The service began at 11:00 at night and ended at 12:00 midnight Christmas morning.  The service always began with "Joy to the World" and ended with "Silent Night".  The music resounded through the whole sanctuary and could be heard throughout the small town where I lived.  

Celebrating those memories I created this card.  It was made using Technique Junkies "Violin Collage" as a background.  This background stamp is from the November 2017 release and just one of fabulous many background stamps in the store at Technique Junkies.  


On a dark blue card stock panel, I stamped the bg stamp with VersaMark ink then heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.  The edges were "painted" with a Nuvo Silver Glitter Marker.  I cut the word die "JOY" 4 times..three times in grey cs and once in a silver card stock paper.  I layered them together, with the silver layer on top, and placed them on the bg layer.  Such a simple card, but oh, how elegant it is.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  There's lots of fun things going on at Technique Junkies....The Inventory Reduction Sale is still going on and is a great deal.  You can get yourself some TJ stamps at a big discount, then once you get them, you can join in our monthly challenge and maybe win yourself some more of these awesome stamps.  BUT WAIT....THERE'S MORE!  Use my discount code (TJ10Cheri) for all other stamps (other than the inventory reduction stamps) for a full 10% discount on your entire order.  




3 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cheri- This sure looks like you had fun creating this!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous background stamp SS. Love the navy and silver and how you have added your silver paper onto the grey cs. Made your JOY pop!

lynda said...

Love the silver and blue combo! Great card, Cheri. I enjoyed your story of your Christmas church service.

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book