Tuesday, October 25, 2016

PEONIES

Hi blog friends!!!!  

I'm here with a new post for Technique Junkies.  At first sight, I couldn't resist this TNJ Peonies #S626 stamp.  I absolutely love peonies and each year, I eagerly await their full blooms.  We have 5 peony plants in our yard in multiple colors - 1 each of white, wine, and light pink and 2 dark pink.  They are one of my favorite flowering bushes.



I colored it using a faux watercoloring technique I found on YouTube.  There are many of these techniques out there, you can easily find one you might like better.  

I stamped the entire image using My Favorite Things, Chalk Box, "Ripe Raspberry" and using my aqua brush, I "painted" it.  In the places where the color was too intense, I added more water to those spots and "lifed" it off with a dry paper towel.  

The sentiment is TNJ #SDX057 "Seeds of Today", was stamped with VersaFine Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.   

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a creative week!!! 









3 comments:

Kathy S said...

This is one of my favorite stamps TJ - so pretty. Excited to see you posting.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I too love peony bushes, and those nasty black ants do too. BOO

Your card is lovely, Cheri

Beth Norman said...

I'm really impressed by this card. You did such a wonderful job on it.

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book