Monday, July 4, 2016

COLORING ON KRAFT

Hi everyone!!!  

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends!!!  

Cheri here, with a new Project of the Week for The House That Stamps Built.

This week my project is coloring on kraft.  This is an easy technique that gives you a way to use scraps of kraft paper (if you have them) and a fun way for you to use your coloring tools like pencils or markers.  If you use embossing powder (as I did here), you won't want to use your alcohol markers as they don't work well together.  

Here are the supplies I used:


 VersaMark (embossing ink), Stamp of choice (RI#10201-W "Flower Power Background"), white embossing powder, piece of kraft cs cut to prefered size, coloring tool of choice (Memento markers used here), and my MISTI stamping positioning tool.  (Not shown, anti-static tool for embossing and heat gun).  

Prepare your cardstock with the anti-static tool.  Ink up your stamp with VersaMark ink and stamp onto your prepared kraft cardstock.  

Once you're satisfied with the impression of ink on the cardstock, immediately sprinkle white embossing powder over the inked surface and heat emboss.


Now you're ready to color the image as you wish.  

Here are the two images I prepared and colored.


Finish your card as you like.  



Of course I had to do an 4th of July themed card....Stamps used on this card are RI#3711-G "God Bless America" and RI# 1701-P "Bald Eagle". 


Stamps used on this card are RI#10201-W "Flower Power Background" and RI#6103-J "Thinking of You"

I hope you have some fun with this technique.  Have a safe and wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Happy 4th Cheri ! Two wonderful cards!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book